Blog 1: Expectations

I am incredibly excited to travel to Italy! This is my first time traveling outside of the United States, so I don’t have any previous experience being in another country and immersed in their culture. Because I am not a practiced traveler, it might initially be a bit difficult to adjust and navigate typical travel difficulties, such as the language barrier, cultural understanding, and just jet lag. However, I am very open and eager to try new things, and hope to gain as many new experiences as possible. I look forward to trying new foods, exploring Sardinia, and learning about the language and customs. I am especially excited to engage with various people and hear their stories. Beyond our group excursions, I hope to explore the landscape by going on runs around Cagliari. I will actively seek out opportunities to venture beyond tourist experiences and learn about Sardinia’s lifestyle, history, and culture.


As far as my expectations and preconceived notions about Italy, I have heard amazing things about both natural and historic sites. I’m excited to explore Sardinia, which looks absolutely beautiful. I’ve also heard great things about Italian food, so I hope to take many opportunities to enjoy it! I’ve been told that Italians, particularly in Cagliari, are generally friendly and understanding - given we are traveling with a group and this is true, I feel reassured that it will not be terribly difficult to navigate the language barrier. Overall, I’m incredibly excited to explore Sardinia with an open mind and experience as much as possible!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6: Sinis & Bosa

Blog 4: Sulcis and Carloforte